New Orleans Area
New Orleans Saints
LSU Tigers Football
2013 Allstate Sugar Bowl
Super Bowl XLVII
Hot New Orleans Events
Search By Artist or Event Name|
Guide to Music Clubs
Music on TV
New CDs and MP3s
Video / DVD Store
| Visitors Guide to Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans
|Guide to New Orleans:
- Travel Guide - visitor's guide, plus Zagat rated restaurants and hotels
- New Orleans Music - live music listings & guide to local clubs and music venues
- Mardi Gras Central - guide to Mardi Gras in New Orleans with a parade schedule, news, and more.
| Super Bowl XXXVI News
|The latest on Super Bowl XXXVI:
- More Pregame Music: other artists scheduled to perform during the pregame show include Barenaked Ladies, No Doubt, and Barry Manilow, who will sing his original composition, "Let Freedom Ring" and will be joined on stage by vocalists Wynonna, Yolanda Adams, James Ingram and Patti LaBelle.
- McCartney on Pregame Show: Sir Paul McCartney will perform on the Super Bowl XXXVI pregame show on FOX TV; prior to the singing of the two traditional anthems "America The Beautiful" (performed by Mary. J. Blige and Marc Anthony) and "The Star-Spangled Banner" (by Mariah Carey), McCartney will perform a new anthem reflecting the spirit of freedom; his performance will involve 500 young people symbolically representing the 180 countries that will telecast the Super Bowl from the Louisiana Superdome.
- Super Bowl Ads: Louisiana pop star Britney Spears will appear in her second Pepsi ad, which will debut during Super Bowl XXXVI; the ad is set to air at 5 pm, Central (6 pm, Eastern).
- Super Bowl Ads: filmmakers the Coen Brothers are teaming up with The Beatles to create a Super Bowl commercial for tax-preparation company H&R Block; Joel and Ethan Coen have directed such box office favorites as "Raising Arizona", "Fargo", "The Big Lebowski", and "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"; the ad focuses on changes to the U.S. tax laws and features the Beatles' song, "Tax Man"; this marks the first time a Beatles tune has been used in a Super Bowl ad, and just the third time a Beatles song has been used in a TV ad.
- AMW in N.O.: the FOX crime series "America's Most Wanted" will broadcast from the Louisiana Superdome for a special Super Bowl XXXVI edition on Saturday, Feb. 2. In the wake of the Sept. 11th attacks, an unprecedented level of security has been instituted for the Super Bowl. Host John Walsh and Brian Stafford, Director of the US Secret Service, team up for a behind-the-scenes look at the extraordinary security measures planned to ensure player and fan safety during the game. AMW also takes to the streets of the Big Easy for a special ride-along with the New Orleans Police Department. The officers and Walsh will patrol the French Quarter, including the legendary Bourbon Street.
- Party With A Purpose: the NFL's annual "Party With A Purpose", a charity event to raise money for hunger relief, will be held at the Convention Center on February 2nd; Events include a food and wine tasting extravaganza featuring a top chef from each of the thirty-two NFL cities, paired with an alumni or current player from each team; other activities include live music, a silent auction of sports memorabilia, and more. Entertainment is still TBA, but past performers have included The Doobie Brothers, The Beach Boys, Brooks & Dunn and Wynonna Judd; For more information on Taste of the NFL visit the website at www.tasteofthenfl.com.
- The NFL Experience: the NFL, Coca-Cola and America Online will present the "NFL Experience at Super Bowl XXXVI" at the Morial Convention Center from January 31 through February 3rd; The NFL Experience is an interactive theme park offering interactive games, displays and entertainment attractions; Activities include free autograph sessions with over 50 NFL superstars, the Topps Super Bowl Card Show, state-of-the-art football video game systems, and more; head to SuperBowl.com for additonal details and ticketing info.
- TV Coverage: The cast of "FOX NFL Sunday" (James Brown, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Cris Collinsworth) takes its act to the Superdome in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3 to preview Super Bowl XXXVI. Pre-game coverage begins at 3:00 pm (ET) on FOX; Kick-off for Super Bowl XXXVI set for 6:18 pm (ET), with John Madden and Pat Summerall handling play-by-play coverage.
- Radio Coverage: Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports will carry Super Bowl XXXVI via the radio waves; Pre-game coverage begins at 5:00 pm (ET), followed by kickoff at approximately 6:20 pm; Commentators Howard David and Boomer Esiason will provide play-by-play coverage with commentary from John Dockery, James Lofton, Lesley Visser, Jim Gray and Tommy Tighe. A one-hour special, "Super Sunday," will air at 4:00 pm (ET).
- Get The Picture: FOX Sports will televise Super Bowl XXXVI in a new 16:9 digital format dubbed "FOX WIDESCREEN". The "FOX WIDESCREEN" system enables digital television viewers to enjoy the Super Bowl telecast in a clarity like never before, providing a picture twice as sharp as that generated by most DVDs, and four times clearer than traditional analog television. Editor's note: picture clarity is also dependent upon your beer consumption.
- Super Bowl Pre-show: R&B star Mary J. Blige will team with pop/salsa singing sensation Marc Anthony to sing "America the Beautiful" prior to Super Bowl XXXVI; Blige and Anthony will perform as part of the pre-game show and prior to Mariah Carey's rendition of the national anthem; The Boston Pops will perform the classic, and the duet of Blige and Anthony will be backed up by "America's Heroes Chorus," made up of representatives from police, fire, postal and all five branches of the military from the Louisiana area. Super Bowl XXXVI marks the third time "America the Beautiful" has been performed at the Super Bowl. Vickie Carr sang the song instead of the national anthem at Super Bowl XI and one of the greatest soul singers, Ray Charles, sang it prior
to the Backstreet Boys rendition of the national anthem at last year's Super Bowl (Super Bowl XXXV).
- National Anthem: Superstar Mariah Carey will sing the National Anthem prior to kickoff of Super Bowl XXXVI. Here's a list of past Super Bowl National Anthem performers
- Halftime Show: Rock group U2 will perform live at the Super Bowl in New Orleans during the E*Trade Super Bowl XXXVI Halftime Show. The show is being executive produced by Clear Channel Entertainment's Special Events Group.
- Security: Super Bowl XXXVI has been designated a "National Special Security Event", allowing the federal government to take control of security. Agencies involved in security preparations and operations will include the Secret Service, FBI, Coast Guard, and the Louisiana National Guard.
- Super Bowl History: Super Bowl XXXVI marks a record ninth time that New Orleans will host the NFL's biggest event!