|Mardi Gras in New Orleans 2014|
|Mardi Gras News & General Info:|
- When is Mardi Gras 2014? - Mardi Gras Day falls on Tuesday, March 4, 2014.
- Future Mardi Gras Dates - 2015 (February 17) - 2016 (February 9) - 2017 (February 28).
- Carrie Underwood at Endymion - The Krewe of Endymion has announced that Carrie Underwood will headline the 2014 Endymion Extravaganza. The event will take place at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on March 1st, following the Endymion parade.
- 2014 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule - When and where to catch Mardi Gras parades and special events in New Orleans.
- Alla Moves Uptown - The Krewe of Alla will move its parade from the West Bank to uptown New Orleans in 2014. Alla joins ex West Bankers Krewe of Choctaw and Krewe of Cleopatra, who both defected to the uptown parade route in 2013. The Krewe of Choctaw's move uptown in 2013 was due to scheduling issues related to Super Bowl XLVII and float-sharing logistics. The group decided to make the change permanent as of Mardi Gras 2014.
- Don't Miss Out! - Make your travel plans now for the best rooms & rates. We recommend checking out Priceline.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, and/or Travelocity for the best deals on hotel rooms, flights and car rentals.
- Mardi Gras Playlist - Our great big list of classic Mardi Gras songs, essential music for your Mardi Gras parties and digital music players. You can also tune in to our "Mardi Gras Mambo" playlist on Spotify.com.
- Surviving Mardi Gras - Suffering from too much partying? Try Drinkwel - the first daily multivitamin for healthy people who drink alcohol. See more hangover remedies.
- Mardi Gras Supplies - Shop early for your Mardi Gras 2014 needs. If you are looking for costumes, masks, wigs, beads, home decorations or party supplies, check out BuyCostumes.com. Amazon.com also has a slew of Mardi Gras merchandise to choose from.
| Mardi Gras in New Orleans 2013|
|Mardi Gras News & General Info:|
- When is Mardi Gras 2013? - Mardi Gras Day falls on Tuesday, February 12, 2013.
- 2013 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule - When and where to catch parades in New Orleans, Metairie and on the Westbank, plus other special events.
- Metairie Update - The Krewe of Hera and Krewe of Zeus have canceled their 2013 parades due to weather concerns. They were scheduled to roll on Lundi Gras evening. Their Lundi Fest celebration has also been canceled.
- Bands & Clubs Schedules - where and when to catch: 9th Ward Marching Band - 610 Stompers - NOLA Cherry Bombs - Roots of Music Marching Crusaders - St. Augustine High School Marching 100 - The Muff-A-Lottas - Krewe of the Rolling Elvi - The Sirens of New Orleans - catch the Camel Toe Lady Steppers in the Krewe of Muses.
- City Announces Enforcement Policies - the city of New Orleans has announced its enforcement policies for the 2013 Mardi Gras season. The list covers parking restrictions, use of neutral grounds, juvenile curfews, general reminders, and more. See the full presss release here.
- Live Music - See the New Orleans Concert Line for live music listings during Mardi Gras. Also check the Calendar of Events for a list of festivals, fairs, and other happenings going on in & around New Orleans.
- Bacchus Bash 2013 - The 2013 Bacchus Bash Block Party is set for February 10th at Generations Hall, with music from Flow Tribe, Chris Mule and the Perpetrators, J. Monque'D Blues Band, The Chee-Weez, DJ Jive and DJ Wixx. The event, formerly held at Ernst Cafe, is free and it runs from 12:00pm til 2:00am. VIP Tickets ($80 each) will get you free food, an open bar, private restrooms, and more.
- The BLT Ball, an annual Costume (Black Tie & Boxers, Lingerie or Toga) Mardi Gras party, is set for February 8, 2013 at Southport Hall in New Orleans. For tickets and more info, visit BLTBall.com
- Lundi Gras Events: special events taking place in New Orleans on Lundi Gras (Monday, February 11) include the Zulu Lundi Gras Festival and Lundi Gras on the Mississippi. If you plan to catch the parades in Metairie, check out Lundi Fest 2013.
- Orpheus 2013 - Krewe of Orpheus co-founder Harry Connick, Jr. will participate in the 2013 parade and he has also written a new song in honor of the Krewe's 20th anniversary. Connick will premiere the tune, "Smokey Mary Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train", at Orpheuscapade, the Krewe's parade after party.
Celebrity Monarchs for 2013 Krewe of Orpheus parade include actor Gary Sinise, New Orleans jazz & funk phenom Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Tillman the skateboarding bulldog, actress Mariska Hargitay, and kids pop band Imagination Movers.
Harry Connick, Jr. will headline the 2013 Orpheuscapade bash. Other performers include Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Party Crashers, and Vince Vance & the Valiants.
- Endymion 2013 - pop star & American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson will be the celebrity grand marshal for the 2013 Krewe of Endymion Parade. Clarkson will also perform at the Endymion Extravaganza at the Superdome following the parade on February 9th.
Performers at Endymion's annual pre-parade Samedi Gras Festival include the Bucktown All-Stars, The Topcats, and Groovy 7. Kelly Clarkson is scheduled to make an appearance at the event. The shindig runs from 12pm til 4pm, and takes place near Orleans Avenue & Olympia Street.
- Party with Better Than Ezra - alt-rock band Better Than Ezra have announced plans for their third annual "Krewe of Rocckus," a 3 day event taking place during Mardi Gras 2013. Sister Hazel, Tonic frontman Emerson Hart, and Big Sam's Funky Nation will be joining BTE at the 2013 event. See the Krewe of Rocckus web site for ticket info and a complete schedule of events.
- Super Bowl XLVII - Super Bowl XLVII is set for February 3, 2013 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. The first week of 2013 Mardi Gras parades will be pushed back to clear the way for the 2013 Super Bowl. See info on road closures related to Super Bowl XLVII. If you're coming in for the big game, check with TicketNetwork for Super Bowl parties, game tickets, parking passes, etc.
- Parade Viewing: catch the parades in comfort from grandstands at the InterContinental Hotel on St. Charles Avenue. The InterContinental is also hosting a buffet for hungry revelers on Mardi Gras Day. Another great spot for catching parades is Michaul's on St. Charles Ave. The Cajun restaurant offers packages that include food, liquor, grand stand admission, taxes and gratuity. The City of New Orleans offers access to viewing stands on St. Charles Avenue, near Gallier Hall and Lafayette Square. See MardiGrasParadeTickets.com for details. The Hotel Modern has viewing stands located at Lee Circle.
- Off the Beaten Path - Alternative things to do on Mardi Gras morning include catching the Mardi Gras Indians (at 2nd & Dryades or at Claiborne & Orleans). Walking parades to look for include the Krewe of St. Anne (aka Societe de Sainte Anne), which starts in the Bywater (circa 10:00am), the Krewe of Julu which rolls from the Bridge Lounge at noon, and the Krewe of Kosmic Debris (with the Pair-a-Dice Tumblers and the Krewe of the Living Dead), kicking off at 11:00am from The Blue Nile.
- Choctaw Heads East - The Krewe of Choctaw, which normally parades on the West Bank, will roll on the traditional uptown parade route in 2013.
- Cleopatra Heads East - After 39 years of parading on the Westbank, the Krewe of Cleopatra has announced it will parade on the Eastbank beginning Mardi Gras 2013. The krewe will roll on January 25, 2013 on the traditional Uptown parade route.
- Return of Freret - The new Krewe of Freret is hoping to parade on the uptown route in 2013. Head to KreweOfFreret.org for membership info and more on the planned parade.
- Update: Krewe of Freret has announced that they will not parade in 2013. The group will now focus on securing a parade permit for 2014.